Come work with 2-6 year-olds in a beautiful environment, learning and teaching English and Chinese culture. This private kindergarten is filled with love and you will love it...and you will learn as much as the kids. Celebrate the beauty of life together with our school. Staff training begins September 1!
All the teachers of Kindergarten are committed to the mission of developing a positive, accepting, nurturing and challenging teaching and learning environment.
Chinese and foreign teachers are co-equal community members so should expect to exert their professional skills and take care of children's needs.
+cooperate to provide opportunities to draw upon the strengths of staff, children and community
+instill, through education, an appreciation for Chinese culture and diverse multicultural communities while striving to cultivate the students global perspectives
+acknowledge that the entire staff shares the responsibility for all children
+provide a nurturing environment for positive self-esteem
+create a rich and secure environment with various teaching methods in curricular learning that accommodates various learning styles
+support and promote the mission and goals of GZ Daohe Kindergarten
+ensure that the programs and curriculum of GZ Daohe Kindergarten adhere to the educational philosophy as stated in our Mission Statement.
+commit to promoting and upholding high standards of teaching quality and ethical behavior for our school
engage parents as partners in understanding the unique characteristics and needs of children.
+promote equality and justice by creating a community that fosters respect, understanding, and an appreciation for differences that affirms the dignity of each individual.
+understand that language is absorbed not trained by integrating English into daily life
+help students to identify their own loves and aptitudes
1. 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday with an hour off for lunch
2. One Saturday per month (up to five Saturdays per semester)
1. Planning time is from 1:30 to 2 PM daily
2. 2:30 or 3 PM to 4 PM one assigned day per week
1. Weekly course plan and communication sheets in English
2. Monthly, two-page report
3. Monthly plan of anticipated hands-on activities
4. Semester report, including a quota of photos of each student engaged in activities
1. An administrative group meeting of foreign teachers once a week
2. Two-hour training once a week after work
SPECIAL KINDERGARTEN EVENTS
1. Seasonal Festivals and Banquets (i.e., Spring Festival, Summer Banquet)
2. Important Holidays (i.e., Lantern Festival, Dancing Lions Rock the Chinese New Year)
3. Develop seasonal activities, articles, and/or poems.
- Degree Required
- Teaching experience:
- 2 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
Candidates are required to possess the following:
1. Native level of English fluency expected
2. A bachelors degree (one related to teaching languages, linguistics, or education is preferred) properly certified by the Chinese government
3. A criminal record background check issued by the proper legal authority and duly notarized and sealed by a Chinese consulate abroad.
4. A minimum of one year of English teaching experience with primary schoolchildren or younger
5. Either a graduate degree (masters or doctorate) or a legitimate 120-hour TEFL certificate
Candidates are entitled to receive a higher salary if they possess the following:
1. An M.A. degree related to teaching language, linguistics, education, or other relevant fields
2. An official teacher certificate obtained in an English-speaking country
3. Three years of English teaching experience (certified by employer(s) or supervisor(s))
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Cover letter or email message
2. Up-to-date resume
3. A recent photo of your face
Salary and Benefits
Salary range: RMB 25,000 per month
Benefits & Entitlements
1. WORK VISA ASSISTANCE
a. Our staff will work closely with you to procure a proper offer letter and visa. Cooperation in supplying documents will make this process more expedient.
2. TEAM BUILDING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
a. Planned team-building activities or events twice per year
b. 24-credit teacher development program
c. 128-hour workshop requirement in the first year
d. Mandarin classes to match your level
3. WEDDING AND FUNERAL:
a. Wedding: 1000-yuans one-time cash gift
b. Immediate familys funeral: 500-yuans one-time condolence
4. HEALTH AND INSURANCE:
a. Accident insurance immediately after starting the job
5. HEALTH CHECK:
a. Self-paid for the first year (approx. RMB 482), covered by school from the second year
b. Comprehensive medical examinations every second year for employees over 30 years old and with over two years employment
a. Winter holiday: ten working days; summer holiday: ten working days
b. All Chinese state holidays
7. FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT
a. Round-trip or one-way flight upon completion of each year of contract (max RMB 5000/person/year)
8. HOUSING ALLOWANCE
a. RMB 1,500 will be given with the first monthly paycheck, and every month thereafter, to reimburse for rent.
Note: Certain benefits are dependent on completion of the contract. The contract will specify partial or full refund to the company in the case of a termination or non-completion.